Tuesday, May 16, 2006

GCM90X Lakeside View

When I looked for caches in Central Park to take the Heffalump TB to, I was transported back in time. The spot I found on the lake was what I knew as Birthday Island. When I was a kid, we lived in NYC - and my parents took me to the boat lake and boated over to an 'island' to have my birthday. They even called it 'Birthday Island'. I remember being disappointed for a moment when I realized it was a peninsula. But it was a plesant reminder and neat to return to this for geocaching. Unluckily, we could not find the cache. I think it had gotten affected by the serious rains up to the day before. I am glad to see that it had been found after my attempt - and it is interesting to note that it seems to confound about half the cachers! :) Of course, that suggests it it not a 1.5/1.5
GCM90X Lakeside View Small 1.5/1.5
Couldn't Find log: May 16 by WitzAbout
I took my step-father out for some geocaching since I was visiting the area. I had a travelbug TBQ1FC from Colorado Springs that wanted to see Central Park. I thought it would be great if I could put it in a cache in Central Park. We looked for about 25 minutes. Based on the clue, we were pretty sure the *point* it should be. But we could not find it. We wondered if all the rain may have affected the site. I did get a picture of the TB near the spot, so I wa able to complete the TB's mission that way. I hope I just somehow missed the cache, and that it isn't missing. Good luck - keep on 'caching.

No comments: