Saturday, May 27, 2006

GCV8Z3 Hefe's Hideaway

I felt bad that I was not able to log Deena's Heffalump into a cache in NY. Even though on it's first travel, it got all the way to where it wanted to go! :)
So I had to put the Heffalump into a cache - and what better than another cache from the same team that owns the Heffalump. :) I packed up the pirates and headed out to this cache. Okay, I got confused on which cache I was going to at first. I had driven behind CompUSA and thought it was that one. I checked the GC-ID on my palm, and found I'd gotten caches mixed up. Then I remembered, this one was behind the Albertsons/Game Crazy/Juns mall. So we drove down, and was glad to find parking in back as I saw on Google maps. The dumpster was a little stinky, but we were not that close. I can just imagine the Pirates reminiscing: 'yeah, my dad used to take me down stinky alleys behind shopping centers' :) :) . I was a little nervous when I truck pulled up as we were returning to the car. I was afraid I was parked in the way of turning around. But the truck seemed find, backing up to a loading dock without needing to come very near to my car.
GCV8Z3 Hefe's Hideaway Reg 1.5/1.5
MrWitzAbout Pirate #1 #2 #3
Found-It log: May 27, 2006 by WitzAbout
11:23am Mr.WitzAbout and my 3 pirates.
Parked behind the shopping center. At first the GPSr was pointing down the cliffs, and I was worried.
Followed a trail, and found the cache without much trouble.
The pirates picked 1 toy each, for 3. Put in 4 items: Kodak hotwheels car, picture frame, large blue die and superball.
Also left TB Deena's Heffalump. I got the TB all the way to Central Park in NYC as it wanted - but I could not find any place in NY to put the TB. So it came back here. I thought it somehow appropriate to put it in a different cache by the same owner as the TB :)
Thanks for the Cache!

4 Items for the Cache

No comments: